Instructions:

Good memories are always made when family and friends gather around the table for conversation and delicious food! It does in my home and I am sure it is true for you too. Do you have a great recipe that brings smiles to faces and joy to the table? Share it with us here...if you are interested please email me for the password to post here. ENJOY!

Friday, August 15

Cilantro Chicken

I don't have a picture, but I just had to share this yummy dinner recipe! It is from my friend Megan and her family recipe book - so I hope she doesn't mind. It is one of my personal favs.

2 T. lime juice
2 T. vegetable oil
1 tsp honey
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 c. finely crushed tortilla chips
1 (26-oz.) jar salsa
2 T. minced fresh cilantro
1/3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

In a shallow bowl, combine lime juice, honey and oil. Dip thawed chicken pieces in juice mixture then coat with tortilla chips. Place in an ungreased 11x7x2-inch pan. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25 minutes or until juiced run clear. Combine salsa and cilantro; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake another 5-7 minutes or longer till cheese it melted.

Tip: I flatten the chicken breasts down a little, not thin flat, but just not as thick. Cooking seems faster and then you get more of the yummy stuff on top with every bite!

Great served with corn and Mexican rice.

Kim, UT

No comments: