Instructions:

Good memories are always made when family and friends gather around the table for conversation and delicious food! It does in my home and I am sure it is true for you too. Do you have a great recipe that brings smiles to faces and joy to the table? Share it with us here...if you are interested please email me for the password to post here. ENJOY!

Saturday, August 16

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Again, another recipe from my friend...this is a delicious dinner and very much like the real Chinese version. It is a lot of work and can take a while to make - but soooo worth it!

3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed (thawed)
garlic salt
2-3 eggs, whipped in a bowl
cornstarch (you use about 1/3 of a box)
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. vinegar
3 TBSP. ketchup
1 TBSP. soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 can pineapple chunks

[Best if you have another person to help you with this] Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. Dip pieces in the egg, then cornstarch and brown in small amount of oil in a frying pan. Boil sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, salt and 1/4 c. pineapple juice from the can. Place chicken pieces and pineapple chunks (drained) in a greased casserole dish. Pour sauce over and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve over rice. My family absolutely loves this dish! (If you try it, take a picture and send it to me so I can add it to the post.)

Kim, UT

No comments: